Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Where Did Summer Go?



Time does fly when you’re having fun. Years ago I read French Women for All Seasons by Mireille Guiliano. It’s one of my favorite books. I love the change of seasons and all it brings, the changing light and color, in season foods, special holidays.

Fall always seems to be a new beginning for me. Maybe it goes back to all those years of starting a new school year. I also like the realization that the fall "new" year resolutions can get a reboot in January if necessary!

Goodbye fresh peaches, barbecues, and sunflowers. Hello, falling golden-leaves, pumpkins, and mums!
“Live in each season as it passes;
breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit,
and resign yourself to the influence of the earth.”
-Henry David Thoreau

No comments :

Post a Comment